Monday, October 31, 2011

The Doodle Scarf for Interweave Crochet Accessories 2011!

I am so thrilled to be included in this year's Interweave Crochet special accessories issue.  This is the largest issue of the magazine ever produced, with more than 59 projects featured!

I am really proud of the way the Doodle Scarf turned out.  This unique scarf is quick to crochet, easy to construct, and uses only 1 skein of yarn!  It is a great project to make and give as a gift, as well.  The motifs were inspired by a thread motif from a Japanese book, given to me as a birthday gift, just before I saw Interweave's call for submissions.  Perfect timing!  I took the center of the original thread motif as a starting point.  I redesigned it to work in a bulky yarn, then decided to join the resulting motifs with smaller loopy flowers.  This scarf is joined as you go, so there is nothing to sew together!  You can just enjoy crocheting a fun, eye-catching accessory to add to your wardrobe.  

The pattern is now available for individual sale on Interweave's website for $5.50. 


I LOVE tassels, and this beautiful Quince & Co. "Puffin" yarn, makes a nice full one!




     Above, is the original sketch I submitted to Interweave.
                             
Photo by Interweave Crochet
Photo by Interweave Crochet

See this blog post for instructions on how to use this scarf pattern to make a delicate necklace, and this blog post for instructions on another way to make and wear the scarf.

Pin It

5 comments:

  1. What a fun accessory! I think the timing of showcasing this scarf in red is perfect, too. It makes me think of the fun holiday season ahead!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Kelly! I was excited when I opened the package from Quince & Co. You are right, the "Winesap" color is so festive!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is SO well deserved. That scarf is amazing - stunning work!!! I wish I could crochet....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you Corina and Flowermouse Design!

    ReplyDelete