Friday, October 15, 2010

Second Reveal: "Genevieve's Belt"

                                          Photo by Joe Coca
                                              
The other design I have in the Interweave Crochet Accessories issue, is "Genevieve's Belt".  This belt is made up of 3 simple components, that when combined, make a real statement.  Belts are something that you can collect and keep in your accessories wardrobe for years.  So it is well worth the time and effort  to crochet one!  I originally named this belt the "Gallery Belt" because I noticed while blocking the pieces, that they looked like little frames that hold fine art masterpieces in a gallery.  I have plans one day, for another version of this belt with different scenes to be embroidered and crocheted in each frame.  I think it could be stunning!

Below are photos of the original belt I submitted to the magazine.  Luckily, I took some close up shots  so you can see the details.  It is also nice to be able to see it in another colorway.  The only thing I changed in the design was the embroidery stitch used in embellishment.  In the magazine I used a "lazy daisy" stitch, sometimes referred to as a "detached chain" stitch, instead of a straight stitch.  I love this  stitch so much, it has almost become my signature!

You can now purchase this pattern individually, as a download from Interweave


Pin It

3 comments:

  1. this is really nice! construction is like for leather belt, but it's crocheted. nice idea! :) i'd love to wear that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. loved your writing style. your blog is amazing. Have been going through some of your posts, will def. recommend to others.Beautiful Independence Day Wallpapers

    ReplyDelete