Monday, September 13, 2010

How to Combine Woodworking with Crochet?

As I mentioned in a previous post about my new studio door, my husband is a woodworker.  One of his first indoor projects was this doll sized replica of our daughter's bed.  I was going to go over the top and make replicas of all of her furniture, but I soon realized there wasn't going to be anywhere to put them.  Maybe when we build our house;)


When I am between design projects, I crochet things my daughter requests.  I crocheted this doll blanket for one of her more colorful dolls.  It was a fun day project using up bits from my yarn stash.  I used simple stitches to let the yarn do the talking.  Notice the surface crochet I used on the shell stitch edging.

My husband says he is trying to think of a way to combine the two crafts of woodworking and crochet.   I think if he gets the CNC machine he has been dreaming about, there could be some interesting possiblities!

3 comments:

  1. its adorable! love the colours! you are great parents! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the nice comments, Linda!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The beds are amazing and I love your throws. Nicely done!

    ReplyDelete