Monday, August 16, 2010

Wrapping Up a Crochet Design Submission


I am always trying to think of new ways to present my design submissions.  It is especially fun to wrap up small submissions.  The photo above is of the "Ring-a-Ding-Bling" crocheted ring submission for the Vogue Knitting on the Go "Grannies" Book.  My hope was that they would love a submission that was presented as a gift.  They sent me an acceptance email a few weeks later.  I don't know if the wrapping had anything to do with it, but I would like to think it did!  I sometimes use leftover scrumbles from previous projects to wrap things up as well.  When you have a bag full of interesting shapes to choose from, it gives you ideas that you might never think of otherwise.  Now, I am brainstorming ideas for  presenting larger submissions!
(Ring Sample)

(Underside of Box)

2 comments: